My 1st sled dog race!! This was my favorite part. We stood at the starting line and then farther down. At the starting line the announcer was counting down and every time he said a number the dogs would get so excited. They looked so happy running and were so fast! I kept thinking about our family dog Grace who truly loved to run, just like these dogs. I think Grace was a little sled dog at heart :)
Yumm!
Fur Rondy Parade...reindeer!
One of many all fur outfits
Winter carnival
The festival had a great sense of unity and community about it. Before moving up here, I imagined events just like these. It was just as I had expected. It was a great event to bring everyone out in the middle of the long cold winter!







This looks SO FUN! It's so very Alaska- I love it! I can't wait to see some happy running sled dogs. It's true- some dogs just love to run. Sofie is never as happy as when she's running around like a maniac.
ReplyDeleteEmily