Friday, November 2, 2012

Ice Ice Baby

The lake by our house is already completely covered with ice! At first I was a little nervous because Jason kept walking out on it and being a dare-devil, but now it's so thick people actually ride their bikes across the whole lake!

 In the middle of the lake!!


 Ice bubbles
The trail was completely flooded and treacherous...and we got across it!!

 Ice crystal waterfall
The water was colored by the leaves and frozen over with a thin layer of ice--looked so cool!

I've been thinking about you all on the east coast with the hurricane. I am so glad that everyone I love is safe and sound. The devastation is absolutely heartbreaking. It brings me back to being in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina. My heart goes out to everyone who has felt the effects. 

Love to you all!! xxoox

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!! That last one with the coloring by the leaves is very very cool!! Miss you too- I know it's tough being away when something so serious happens in the area where all of your loved ones are! Can't wait for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete