Monday, November 12, 2012

Anchorage Museum

Hi all! Everything is going well out here. The days are getting shorter, but besides that, no other changes. We still only have a little bit of snow on the ground. The different thing about AK is that a small dusting never really melts because even though the sun comes out, it never gets warm enough to melt the snow! The weather is "cold", but not really for Alaska standards. We woke up this morning and it was 28 degrees, and we both were like, 'wow, it's not too bad out today'. I guess that means our bodies have adjusted :)

This weekend we went to the Anchorage Museum. It was fascinating to learn more about a history and culture I previously knew so little about. One of the things I really enjoy about living here is the sense of pride Alaskans have. Everyone from Alaska is so proud to say this is their home. I've never lived in a state like this before. Being up here, separated from the rest of the country, seems to have instilled this sense of union between all the people here. Wherever I go I feel it. Jason and I joke because every single commercial on tv says 'Alaska' at least 5 times. Alaska, Alaska, Alaska!

Here are a few pictures from the museum..

 Giant ice cube-like sculpture in the middle of the museum

 Giant Bubbles!

 Jump!
 Lots of silly posing with stuffed animals
 Yes, that is a bunny with a handmade bunny wheelchair

Sending my love to everyone back home!!! xoxox


2 comments:

  1. That last picture is killing me:) and I love the Alaska pride- I know I'd be proud to live in Alaska for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay museums! It looks like a crazy museum- science and natural history and history? Happy Anniversary! 3 years?
    Emily

    ReplyDelete